Cardamon seeds are sautéed in melted ghee with semolina, sugar and milk and then cooked till it forms a thick dough. Its then cooled, rolled thin and studded with nuts.
|Cardamoms||3 , crush (seeds only)|
|Semolina||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Saffron stands||1 Pinch|
|Dry fruits||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , crush (Almonds, Cashews and Pistachios)|
1. Heat 2 if the 3 tbsps of ghee and add the crushed cardamom seeds.
2. Add the Semolina, followed by the sugar and milk and mix well.
3. This will need to be cooked for 20 - 25 mins stirring constantly.
4. Halfway through the cook time, add the other tbsp of ghee.
5. Once the milk mixture is thick and forms a soft ball, turn the heat off and allow to cool.
6. Turn this out on a sheet of parchment paper and spread with a spatula to cool.
7. Add a sheet of parchment paper on top and roll lightly with a rolling pin.
8. Scatter the nuts over the top and lightly roll again.
9. Cool in the fridge for 30 mins.
10. Let air dry for 2 - 8 days - this will depend on the temperature and humidity levels in your home.
11. Serve and enjoy!