Rich and sweet Mango puree is added to creme caramel base, poured over a caramel layer and baked. Once chilled and ready, I like to pour more mango pulp over the caramel.
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||300 Milliliter|
|Condensed milk||400 Milliliter|
|Mango puree||150 Milliliter (Plus 1/2 cup extra for garnishing)|
|Coconut milk||150 Milliliter|
|Whole eggs||6 Large|
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat the sugar in a saucepan and add the water to make a dark sticky caramel.
3. Pour the caramel into your pan or dish and swirl to coat.
4. In a blender add the evaporated, coconut and condensed milk and the mango puree.
5. Add the eggs and blend.
6. Prepare a bain-marie, this is a larger dish filled with boiling water and sit the caramel dish in it.
7. Pour the on top of the caramel and move the dishes into the oven preheated at 350 degrees.
8. Cook for 1 hr and an extra 15 mins if still a little jiggly.
9. Cool down the caramel and then chill overnight in the fridge.
10. To unfold, place the dish in hot water to loosen and run a knife over the sides of the custard to make sure they don’t stick to the sides.
11. Place a plate on top and flip.
12. Serve and enjoy!