Do you always prefer bringing ready made Mawa Modaks during Ganpati? Think again! Our chef Archana brings you the basic and simple recipe of homemade Mawa Modak. Also learn how to make Chocolate Kaju Kesar Modak. Modak is a popular Indian sweet dish / dessert made during auspicious occasions.
|Cardamom powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Cashew powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Saffron strands||1 Pinch|
1. In a pan, add mawa and sugar. Mix it thoroughly till the sugar melts.
2. After few minutes, spread the mixture on the sides of the pan and keep it aside for 6 to 7 hours.
3. After 7 hours, add cardamom powder to the mixture. Divide the mixture in three parts.
4. Add saffron and cashew powder to one of the part and make a dough. Put the dough in the mould and make Kaju Kesar Modak.
5. Similarly, for chocolate Modaks, add the cocoa powder to the mixture and mix well. Put the mixture in the mould and your Chocolate Modak is ready!
6. Serve and Enjoy!