If you don't have an ice cream machine, go out and get one! These little miraculous machines can make small quantities of delicious creamy ice cream and you can take a basic vanilla ice cream and turn into pretty much anything. With a slew of Blackcurrants in my backyard, I decided to enhance this ice cream with sweet tart Blackcurrant syrup and beautiful raw Pistachios.
|Sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla bean paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sugar water||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (1/2 cup Sugar in 1 cup Water)|
|Syrup||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced pistachios||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (shelled and sliced raw Pistachios)|
|Black currents||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Prepare the ice cream base by whisking together the sugar, milk, vanilla essence & pinch of salt till the sugar is dissolved.
2. Whisk in the heavy cream and chill.
3. Boil the sugar and water together to make a light syrup and poach the blackcurrants for a few minutes, then drain and cool.
4. Once chilled, our into the ice cream machine for about 10 mins till it resembles soft serve.
5. Pour back into a bowl and fold in the syrup, the pistachios and finally the blackcurrants and fold.
6. Freeze and serve after a few hours.