1918 Peanut Cookies Recipe Welcome Friends! Welcome back to another Sunday morning and the old cookbook show today we're going to do the Peanut Cookies Recipe out of the Metropolitan Cookbook. This was published in 1918 by the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company for their policyholders and there's quite a bit of information in the front of this pamphlet all about what you should eat during a day in order to be healthy and they're quite interesting because in 1918 the expectation is quite different than it is today in 2019.
|Fat||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
|Sugar||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup)|
|Flour||125 Milliliter (1/2 cup)|
|Baking powder||5 Milliliter (1 tsp)|
|Salt||1 Milliliter (1/4 tsp)|
|Milk||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
|Chopped peanuts||175 Milliliter (3/4 cup)|
|Lemon juice||2 Milliliter (1/2 tsp)|
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC (325ºF)
2. Cream together the fat and sugar.
3. Beat in the egg.
4. Combine the dry ingredients, and mix into the fat.
5. Then mix in milk, peanuts, and lemon juice.
6. Portion onto a baking tray and bake 12-15 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy!