1936 North Dakota Creole Cake - We're not sure what makes this a Creole Cake Recipe? So whether it is a Creole Cake or just an imitation... it doesn't matter, because this is a great easy cake to bake none the less.
|Butter/Lard||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Strong coffee||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flavoring extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
2. Cream together the butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs one at a time.
4. Mix cocoa into flour.
5. Mix soda into sour cream, and then mix into butter & sugar.
6. Alternate adding flour and then coffee to the mixer, along with the flavouring.
7. Scrape into a 9x9” greased cake tin, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
8. Cool. Serve and Enjoy!