How To Cook Pork Hock With Crispy Skin Schweinshaxe Recipe. Doesn't matter what you call it - Pork Hock, Pig Knuckle, Pork Knuckle, Hog Knuckle - this is one tasty cut of pork. This slow roasted Pig Knuckle recipe is reminiscent of The German Schweinshaxe Recipe. This is the hock that we cut off in the Breaking down a hog video series.
|Fresh pork hocks||1|
|Pork stock/Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sauerkraut||To Taste (For Serving)|
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
2. Score the skin of the hock all over in a cross hatch pattern.
3. Rub salt and pepper generously all over the hock.
4. Spread the onion and apple in the bottom of a braised or cast iron pan.
5. Stand the hock in the middle of the pan on top of the onions and apples.
6. Pour the stock in the bottom of the pan, and cook for 3-4 hours - or until the hock is fully cooked.
7. Serve and enjoy!