Welcome Friends! Welcome back it is Sunday morning and we're going to do another recipe out of an old cookbook for the Old Cookbook Show. This time we're going back to the Walsh County cookbook published in Grafton North Dakota in 1936. I want to try this whipped cream cake recipe, it sounds really interesting.
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pastry flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|35 % whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Pre heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
2. Sift together the dry ingredients.
3. Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks.
4. Whip the cream to stiff peaks.
5. Fold the egg whites into the whipped cream.
6. Fold in the vanilla and water.
7. Mix in the dry ingredients.
8. Bake in a 9x9” or Bundt / Tube pan for 25 -35 minutes - until tester comes out clean.
9. Serve and Enjoy!