1928 Lorain Pot Roast Recipe
Welcome Friends! Welcome back to Sunday morning and the Old Cookbook Show. Today we're going to do a recipe out of the Loraine Cooking cookbook it's not a crazy recipe, it's a classic pot roast recipe.
|Beef||4 Pound (tough cut may be used)|
|Flour||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped onions||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 250ºF.
2. Season the beef with salt & pepper, then sprinkle on the 1/3 cup flour.
3. Heat the fat in a Dutch oven, and then brown the beef on all sides.
4. Remove the beef and place a rack (if you have one) in the Dutch oven.
5. Replace the beefed add the carrots, onions, celery, tomatoes, and parsley.
6. Cover and place in the oven for 5 hours.
7. When the time is up, mix together the flour and water to form a slurry.
8. Remove the beef and veg from the Dutch oven; place on med high heat and then whisk in the flour slurry to create a gravy.
9. You could add any root veg to this that you like, as well as other flavours and liquids.
10. Serve and enjoy!