Welcome Friends! Welcome back to the kitchen today we're going to do a riff on a beef pot pie recipe that I like to call beef and biscuits.
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Coarse salt||1/2 Teaspoon|
|35 % whipping cream||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Beef||2 Pound (stewing beef cut into ¾" pieces)|
|Onion||1 Small , finely chopped|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Wine||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Pre heat the oven to 230ºC (450ºF).
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Stir in the cream just until a dough forms.
4. Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and form into a 3/4”-thick round.
5. Cut into 8 wedges using a pizza cutter.
6. Cook on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, until golden brown. 15 - 20 minutes.
(***Or hold and cook on top of stew)
7. Reduce oven heat to 200ºC (400ºF) (after baking biscuit)
8. Season beef with salt and pepper.
9. Heat oil in an oven-safe braiser over medium-high heat.
10. Add beef and cook until browned on all sides; transfer to bowl.
11. Add carrots, mushrooms, onion, and celery to braiser and cook over medium heat until mushrooms have released all their moisture.
12. Stir in tomato paste cook 1-2 minutes.
13. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
14. Stir in wine and cook until completely evaporated.
15. Stir in broth and Marmite, scraping up any fond from bottom of the pan.
16. Return the browned beef and any accumulated juices.
17. Cover, transfer braiser to oven, and cook until beef is tender, about 1 hour.
18. Remove braiser from oven and stir in the peas and corn.
19. Top with the biscuit.
***If cooking biscuit on top of stew, hold off on making biscuit until the stew is in the oven.
For last 20 minutes of cooking remove braiser lid, add peas and corn, and top stew with the uncooked biscuit.
Continue baking until biscuit is golden brown.
20. Serve and Enjoy!