Eggnog Rice Pudding. Welcome Friends! Welcome back to the kitchen, today we're going to do a little bit of a cheater recipe we're going to make an eggnog rice pudding using left over rice. I've got some some leftover rice here it was either make this rice pudding recipe or fried rice and I kind of felt like the pudding.
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Leftover)|
|3.25% milk||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggnog||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
2. Stirring, bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer.
3. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the milk is mostly absorbed and the pudding has thickened.
4. This could take 30-40 minutes, depending on your definition of 'simmer'Divide into individual serving portions, or one larger 'family style' container.Chill before serving if desired.
5. When serving splash a little extra 'nog on top and maybe some grated nutmeg.