Marmite / Vegemite Brownie Recipe - Would You Eat It? Welcome Friends! Welcome back to the kitchen. Today we're gonna do a brownie recipe, but I'm gonna put a twist on the brownie just a little bit and see if something works out. If you've been hanging around here for a while you know that I love to put Marmite in soups and stews and slow braises anything with beef Marmite is amazing in it. I came across an article in an Australian food magazine where they put Vegemite in brownies and I thought hmm I'm gonna put Marmite in brownies and see what happens.
|Coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate||170 Gram|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1/4 Teaspoon (optional)|
1. Preheat oven to 180 ºC (350 ºF).
2. Line an 8" square baking pan with parchment paper sling.
3. Combine butter, chocolate, and cocoa in a heat-proof bowl; melt and mix.
4. Let cool slightly.
5. Whisk together eggs, sugar, and vanilla until pale and creamy.
6. Whisk in the Marmite / Vegemite.
7. In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
8. Beat the chocolate into the eggs, and then mix in the flour.
9. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with a rubber spatula.
10. Bake until a cake tester comes out with a few crumbs but is not wet - about 30 to 35 minutes.
11. Let cool slightly in pan, then lift out with parchment overhang.
12. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. Serve and Enjoy!