Green Masala needs no introduction. It's a simple paste made with green Chillies, Ginger Garlic, Lime juice, ginger and of course Coriander. In this recipe, I'm simmering crabs in this green goodness together with Coconut milk to make this delicious curry!
|For green masala:|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Chopped green chilli||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger piece||1 Inch|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Fresh coriander||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crabs||1 Kilogram (blue swimming Crabs about 2 lbs)|
|Coconut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced green chili||1 Tablespoon|
|Curry leaves||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Roasted coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut milk||400 Milliliter|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Clean the crabs and cut each one in half.
2. Prepare the green masala by processing all the ingredients together.
3. Heat the oil and add the sliced onions, followed by the green chillies and curry leaves.
4. Add the ground green masala paste.
5. Add the cumin, coriander, chilli and turmeric powder.
6. Add the coconut milk and water.
7. Cover and cook for 10 – 15 mins.
8. Serve and enjoy!