Shammi Kebab is made by cooking meat, spices and Chana Dhal together
|Chana dal||100 Gram (3.5 oz)|
|Ground lean beef/Ground mutton||500 Gram (17.6 oz)|
|Chilli powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Garam masala||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger piece||1 Inch|
|Finely minced onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced green chilies||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped mint||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced coriander||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chat masala||To Taste|
1. Rinse and drain the chana dhal and add it to the IP with the meat.
2. Add the powdered spices, salt and whole pepper.
3. Add water and the whole onion, ginger and garlic.
4. Close the IP and set it to sealing mode.
5. Set the timer for 20 mins.
6. After 20 mins, open the IP and remove the whole onion, ginger and garlic.
7. If there is still moisture left in the IP, turn on saute mode and cook till the moisture evaporates.
8. Cool the mixture.
9. Grind the mixture in small batches.
10. Add the onion, chilli, mint and coriander and mix well.
11. Add between 1 - 2 eggs and mix well in between.
12. Chill this for at least one hour.
13. Remove and form patties with oiled hands.
14. Beat the rest of the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
15. Dip each shammi into the egg on both sides and shallow fry.
16. Sprinkle with chaat masala, salt and pepper and serve with lime wedges