This ball curry has some unique ingredients like poppy seeds, peanuts and coconut and meatballs are simmered in it's goodness.
|For spice paste:|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||3 Tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger slice||1 Inch|
|Poppy seeds||3 Teaspoon (khus khus)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Shredded coconut/Grated coconut||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Gram flour||1 Tablespoon (chana ka atta)|
|Water||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut/Grated coconut||1 Tablespoon|
|Spice paste||1 Tablespoon (see the paste ingredients above)|
|Lean ground beef||500 Gram (1 lb or 10 oz)|
|Finely minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely minced ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced green chili||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely minced onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped mint leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cubed potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spice paste||3 Tablespoon (see the paste ingredients above)|
|Canned coconut milk||400 Milliliter|
|Water||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Tamarind paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped mint||1 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare the spice paste by roasting all the spice paste ingredients except the coconut, turmeric and gram flour.
2. Keep aside to cool and then roast the coconut.
3. In a food processor, add the spice paste ingredients including the coconut, turmeric, gram flour and water and make a smooth paste.
4. Reserve all except 1 tbsp of the spice paste, add another tbsp of coconut and grind again.
5. To make the meatballs mix all the meatball ingredients well together and make golf sized balls.
6. Heat some oil and roll the meatballs in the flour and shallow fry.
7. Clean the saute pan, and add fresh oil and cook the potatoes till they are about 3/4 cooked and keep aside.
8. Add the curry leaves followed by the diced onion and allow the onion to get translucent.
9. Add the tomatoes, cover and cook till squishy.
10. Add the spice paste and saute it.
11. Add the coconut milk and mix it in, followed by the water.
12. Add salt to taste and the tamarind paste and bring to the boil.
13. Add the meatballs back in and cook for about 5 mins followed by the potatoes and allow the potatoes to cook as well.
14. Garnish with the coriander and mint leaves
15. Serve and enjoy!