Sarina Hendricks Miranda is a trusted home chef originally from Bandra and Vakola. She now resides in Toronto and caters to small and large parties. Speaking of large, she has a BIG BIG heart and graciously agreed to guest star on Kravings to show me and some of my viewers on facebook how to make this delicious pickle with many tips and tricks!
|Raw papaya||1 1/2 Kilogram|
|Carrots||1 1/2 Kilogram|
|Chilli powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Split mustard seed||2 Tablespoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green chillies||150 Gram|
1. Slice salt and add turmeric to your papaya and carrots and dry it in the sun for two hours
2. Cut your chillies with a slight slit, ginger into slices and garlic 2-3 cloves on a toothpick
3. Boil the dates and cut them into strips
4. In a vessel boil the vinegar and add the chilli powder, sugar and a touch of salt, once it comes to a boil turn it off and let that cool.
5. In a plastic tub and not any kind of metal vessel add all the above ingredients together, except the garlic, give it a nice stir and keep stirring it ever 4-5 hours during the day for 5 days
6. Once all the vinegar is infused into the vegetables add the garlic and store it in a glass jar or a Pyrex or earthen vessel