This simple cake is a tribute to the late Wendell Rodricks. Even though this recipe belongs to his aunt Tia Elsa, he made it popular again by publishing it in his book Poskem Wendell passed away at the age of 59 leaving behind many loved ones, friends and fans that not just loved him for the beautiful clothes he created but also his look for food and in particular Goan food. He celebrated each recipe and his Portuguese heritage in his book.
After is passing, Facebook was alive with posts of this delicious and simple Orange cake. It sat on my bucket list for weeks and today, the day of the Easter weekend when we all have limited supplies, I decided to give this delicious cake a whirl.
|200 Gram (room temperature)
|To Taste (extra to decorate)
1. Grease a cake pan or a bundt pan with butter and sprinkle with sugar
2. Add thinly sliced oranges (optional)
3. Prepare the batter by creaming together the butter and sugar
4. Add the eggs one by one
5. Add the vanilla, orange rind and 75 ml of the juice and mix well
6. Fold in the flour and the baking powder
7. Preheat your oven to 375 and then drop it to 350
8. Bake the cake for 35 – 40 mins
9. Allow to completely cool before turning out, especially if you have added orange slices