My sons are now both away at University so my cooking habits have changed. Smaller meals for the two of us during the week and massive amounts of filled ziploc bags on the weekends when my sons come to visit and return back to campus. I love to cook all kinds of cuisines, but the hubby loves Indian and you can never go wrong with Saag Chicken. Roasted Potatoes pair well with the Chicken
|Cumin seeds||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic clove||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh ginger piece||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green chilies||5 Small|
|Spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coriander||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (use as required)|
|Mustard oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cubed potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
1. Prepare the Saag base by grinding together the lime juice, cumin seeds, peppercorns, garlic, ginger, chillies, spinach and coriander.
2. Add a little water to get it going and salt.
3. Add salt, mustard oil and the powdered spices to the chicken together with the ground saag and mix it in.
4. This will take 60 – 75 mins to cook in a preheated oven. Put the Chicken in the oven first while you work on the potatoes.
5. Add mustard oil, salt and cumin seeds to the potatoes and place them in the oven as well till cooked.
6. Serve and Enjoy!