Chicken Gilafi Kebab / Gilafi Kebab is a special Indian kebab recipe. Gilaf word means covering or coating. Here, the marinated minced chicken is coated with Capsicum ( gilaf ) along with the mix of Indian spices, tangy lemon juice and a special ingredient that is Kewra Water to give it the authentic taste. Gilafi Kebab can be served with mint chutney.
|Minced chicken||500 Gram|
|Fresh cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chaat masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped red capsicum||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped yellow capsicum||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green capsicum||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Kewra water||1 Teaspoon|
1. Take minced chicken in a bowl, add ginger-garlic & green chilli paste, fresh cream, lemon juice, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala, salt and mix it well together to get proper minced chicken.
2. To this, add kewra water for a layer of flavour. Now keep this minced chicken aside to marinate.
3. Now take chopped red capsicum, yellow capsicum, green capsicum and mix them all together.
4. Moisten your hand in cold water for the next process.
5. Take the chicken minced kebab mixture and roll it in evenly in cylinderical shape.
6. Roll this chicken kebab in the capsicum mixture, to cover it entirely. Do the same for remaining chicken minced.
7. Turn on the flame, in a grill pan add oil and smear it well. Allow the oil to heat for some time.
8. Add the gilafi kebab gently on the heated pan. Let them settle for sometime, once it gets grilled marks, turn the gilafi kebab to cook from other side.
9. Once it is golden brown in colour, add little salted butter to give buttery flavour, splash of lemon juice and sprinkle chaat masala.
10. Your Chicken Gilafi Kebab is ready to be served!