Beef is tossed with Chinese condiments and my delicious homemade Schezwan to make this amazing Schezwan Beef. This becomes a recipe I can quickly wrestle together for my son who takes it packed by the gallon back to University, or when I decide to cook Chinese food for my family and friends. The Schezwan sauce itself is really easy to prepare and is great for this and so many other recipes.
|Beef||1 Kilogram , thinly sliced|
|Light soya sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Shaoxing wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Diced white onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Spring onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 , julienned (about 1/2 cup)|
|Shaoxing wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Light soya sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Schezwan sauce||3 Tablespoon|
1. Slice the beef thinly and marinate with the light soya sauce, Shaoxing wine, black pepper, baking soda and cornstarch and leave aside to marinate for 30 mins.
2. In a hot wok, heat up some oil and add the white and spring onion, garlic and after a few minutes the green peppers.
3. Saute to cook the raw onion and garlic flavour and remove.
4. In the same hot wok, add some more oil and sear the beef slices on both sides.
5. One the beef is seared on both sides, add the onion, garlic and green peppers back in.
6. Add the rest of the soya sauce and Shaoxing wine and the schezwan sauce.
7. Toss and allow to cook for a minute.
8. Serve and enjoy!