This easy squash casserole is going to be your new favorite side dish. Cheesy and creamy squash casserole topped with buttery crushed crackers, it's so good it will make you wanna slap your mama!
|Yellow squash||3 Pound|
|Vidalia onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) ((optional))|
|Cream of mushroom soup/Chicken soup||10 Ounce|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||8 Ounce|
|Fresh ground black pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ritz crackers||2 Packet|
|Melted butter||4 Ounce|
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Wash and slice squash into small medallions or dice into smaller pieces if the squash is large. I prefer smaller sized squash since it is tender. Put squash into a large bowl for mixing with the filling.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the soup, mayo, eggs, cheese, onions, salt, and pepper.
4. Pour over squash.Stir until well mixed.
5. Then pour into a casserole dish for baking.
6. Crush crackers while in "tubes" (I usually wrap them in a dish towel to avoid a mess, and use a rolling pin or meat tenderizer) or place in a resealable plastic bag.
7. Pour crushed crackers into a bowl. Melt butter in the microwave and stir into crackers until moist.
8. Drizzle on top of casserole. (You can make more or less of the topping. More topping = more yummy!)
9. Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly and brown on top (usually 45-50 minutes). Bake for 30 minutes covered. with foil to help prevent crackers from burning.
10. Then uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
11. Serve and Enjoy!