Incredible Double Chocolate Fudgesicle Frozen Custard Ice Cream... This Frozen Custard Ice Cream is so rich, smooth and creamy it's like an adult Fudgesicle.
|35% cream||500 Milliliter|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Bittersweet chocolate/Semisweet chocolate||5 Ounce|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((3.25% or 2%))|
|Granulated sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||5 Large|
|Pure vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Whisk the cream into the cocoa in saucepan until thoroughly combined.
2. Heat the cream to just below a boil, whisking constantly.
3. Remove from heat and mix in the chopped chocolate, whisking until it's melted and smooth.
4. Pour the mixture into a large bowl, scraping the saucepan completely.
5. In the same saucepan warm the milk, sugar, and salt.
6. While that's heating, whisk together the egg yolks.
7. Slowly pour the warm milk into the egg yolks, whisking constantly, then scrape the warmed egg yolks back into the saucepan.
8. Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of the spatula (around 170°F - 175ºF on an instant-read thermometer).
9. Pour this custard mixture into the chocolate and stir until smooth, then stir in the vanilla.
10. Refrigerate until completely chilled, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
11. Serving and Enjoy!