How To Make The 1931 'KC' German Coffee Cake Recipe. Welcome Friends. Welcome to Sunday morning and the old cook book show. Today we're going to do a recipe out of the 'Cooks Book. this was published in 1931 by the KC Baking Powder company out of Chicago and this is an amazing booklet. The printing is incredible it's very well crafted the the pictures are fantastic, the colour... for something that would have been a giveaway in 1931 in order to promote their business and promote their product, this is incredibly well done.
|Ingredients for cake:|
|Flour||2 1/4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (use as required)|
|Ingredients for topping:|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC (325ºF).
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
3. Beat egg into melted butter, add milk to make 1¼ cups.
4. Stir milk mixture into the flour with the handle of a wooden spoon.
5. Scrape into a greased 8x8” baking pan, and brush with melted butter.
6. Sprinkle on a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
8. Serve and Enjoy!