Thai Chicken soup to me is the ultimate comfort food. Over the years, Ive made different versions, but Im really partial to this one flavoured with Thai Red Curry paste and oozing with mushrooms. While I love mushrooms in general, I love the use of Enoki in this and other soups. It gives the soup a noodle like texture without the carbs win win!
|Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced spring onions||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Cubed chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs) (raw about 200 gms)|
|Thai red curry paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Diced green pepper||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||400 Milliliter (from cube)|
|Enoki mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||300 Milliliter|
|Cooked jasmine rice||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh chopped cilantro/Coriander||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Heat the peanut oil or any other oil.
2. Saute the spring onion and garlic.
3. Add the chicken and follow with the red curry paste.
4. Mix well to coat the chicken and flip it over to cook.
5. Add most of the fish sauce and the green pepper.
6. Add the stock followed by the water and bring to the boil.
7. If using homemade stock and it’s not concentrated, use 800 ml of stock instead.
8. Add the Enoki and regular mushrooms and allow to cook for a few minutes.
9. Add the coconut milk and rice.
10. Taste for salt and add the rest of the fish sauce if required.
11. Finally, add the spring onion leaves and coriander and serve.