If youre looking for that fast food fix without the carbs then youre going to love my keto version of the famous sausage and egg muffin!
|Cheddar cheese slice||1|
|Almond flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Psyllium husk powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground pork||500 Gram|
|Ground sage||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1/8 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (for frying)|
1. So to start with were going to make the keto bread, this is done in the microwave and only takes a few minutes to do. Firstly into a jug or bowl add in the almond flour, psyllium husk powder and the baking powder. Also season with a pinch of salt.
2. Mix everything until well combined and then the softened butter and crack the egg straight in.
3. Mix the dry and wet ingredients really well until smooth like a cake batter.
4. Now grease a ramekin with butter and add in the mixture, smoothing out all sides and tapping the ramekin to avoid large air pockets.
5. Place into the microwave on high for 90 seconds, when you bring it out it will have shrunk in from the sides and risen slightly.
6. Carefully remove the muffin and leave aside.
7. In the same sized ramekin that you used for the bread grease the outside with butter, crack your eggs into it and gently break up the yolks, you don’t want to completely whisk them just enough to break the yolk slightly.
8. Also microwave the eggs on medium for 60-90 seconds.
9. Again it will shrink away from the sides and can be easily removed.
10. For the sausage, into a bowl add in the ground pork, season with dried rosemary, ground sage, chilli powder and finally season with salt and pepper. Mix gently with a fork, don’t over mix otherwise it will become tough and dry when we cook them.
11. Roll into balls and shape into patties the size of the ramekins used for the bread and eggs, into a non stick pan over a medium to high heat add in olive oil and the sausage patty.
12. Cook the sausage patty for 3 minutes each side. 13. You’re after a nice crust on the outside but juicy and tender in the middle. Remove the patty and leave to rest for 1 minute.
14. To assemble, into the non stick pan cut the bread in half and toast the muffin.
15. Then place on the sausage patty, the egg with a slice on cheese and top with the other half of the muffin.
16. Serve immediately.