Ive heard a lot of about Serradura. This is a simple custard sprinkled with crushed biscuits or cookies with a Portuguese origin. Serradura means sawdust and the crumbs are ground fine and look a lot like sawdust. The custard is layered with this sawdust and although its very very simple, it tastes amazing.
This recipe is as easy as it comes, it uses only 3 ingredients and all of these are easily available. Fresh cream is whipped till sweet, sweetened with condensed milk and they layered with biscuit crumbs thats it. Although you could use any type of cookie, traditionally this recipe is made with Maria or Marie biscuits.
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Condensed milk||4 Tablespoon|
|Biscuits||1 Cup (16 tbs) (maria biscuits)|
1. Whip the cream for 10 mins or more till thick and creamy.
2. Add the condensed milk and use more or less as suggested to your desired sweetness.
3. Grind the biscuits till a fine texture, you may need more or less as suggested depending on your serving container.
4. In your bowl add some custard, layer with the fine biscuit crumbs, another layer of cream and a final layer of biscuit crumbs.
5. Chill well before serving