This has been on my bucket list for a long time - 3 canapes made with the same dough - Forminhas, Fish Cones and Cheese Rolls
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cold butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For vegetable filling:|
|Salted water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cubed potatoes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced carrot||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely diced onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For tuna filling:|
|Drained canned tuna||120 Gram|
|Chopped spring onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely diced red pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|For cheese and smoked salmon filling:|
|Cream cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh dill||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped smoked salmon||1 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare the dough by rubbing in the cold butter to form a breadcrumb like dough.
2. Add the warm water and knead to make a supple dough and allow it to rest for at least 30 mins covered.
3. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
4. Flour your work surface and divide the dough and Roll out a portion till it’s a few mm thick.
5. Using a cookie cutter, cut out a few circles.
6. Using some oil and a brush, to grease the inside of a tart shell and then just press the cut out circle into the mold for the Forminhas and print the bottom with a fork.
7. Repeat the same process for the cheese rolls but this time to grease some canolli tubes and roll the circles over the tube and press down to seal where they overlap.
8. For the fish cones, roll out the rough but cut it in strips about an inch wide.
9. Grease a cone, grab a strip and just wrap it around the cone, slightly overlapping. Press it down to keep it together.
10. Whatever combination of canapés you want to make, get them on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees
11. While baking If the tarts start ti bubble you can just prick it with a fork or knife.
12. The forminhas shells or tarts will cook faster so I will remove them and let the others go a bit longer in the oven.
13. Once cool, if you don’t plan to use them right away, you can store them in a stainless steel container for freshness.
14. The tarts are very easy to unmold, for the cones just twist in a circular motion and do the same with the cannoli tubes.
15. Prepare the vegetable filling by cooking the potatoes first, followed by the carrots and then the peas.
16. Allow to drain and cool.
17. Once completely cool add the salt, pepper onion, parsley and mayonnaise and mix well.
18. Prepare the tuna fish filling by adding salt & pepper followed by the mustard, parsley, spring onion, red pepper and mayonnaise, mix well and keep aside.
19. Prepare the cheese filling by whipping the cream till it’s soft, add the dill and smoked salmon and keep aside.
20. When ready to serve, get the tuna fish filling into a piping bag fitted with a large tip and do the same for the cream cheese using a tip that’s just as large as the canolli tube.
21. To assemble spoon the vegetable filling into the forminha cases and pipe the fish filling and the cheese in the cones respectively.
22. Serve and enjoy!