I hope you enjoy my keto buttermilk fried chicken recipe. This low carb fry chicken is crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. It is Delicious!
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Trader joe’s 21 seasoning salute||2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Unflavored protein powder||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. To the chicken pieces, add the salt, black pepper, paprika, rosemary, cayenne and 21 seasoning salute seasoning in a large bowl to coat.
2. Stir together the buttermilk mixture, then add the chicken pieces until the chicken is coated. Refrigerate for up to 4 hours (1 hour minimum)
3. Combine the unflavored protein powder, salt, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large dish.
4. Remove chicken from the buttermilk and dredge each piece in the seasoned flour. Shake off any excess and transfer to a plate.
5. Heat peanut oil in a large Dutch oven to 330 degrees F (165 degrees C). Add all the chicken to the heated oil and cook for 16 minutes total, turning periodically.
6. Remove chicken pieces from the oil, and transfer to a cooling rack that is set over a paper towel lined baking sheet. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
7. Serve and Enjoy!