Welcome Friends! Welcome to another one in our ice cream recipe series. In the carrot ice cream recipe video I talked about sweet potato ice cream and how I've eaten it in both China and Japan, saw it in Korea as well so thought I'd give it a shot. I have no clue how they made it so
|Sweet potato||300 Gram , chop (about 1)|
|Sorghum syrup||30 Milliliter (about 2 tbsp)|
|35 % whipping cream/Heavy cream||500 Milliliter (about 2 cups)|
|Apple cider vinegar||30 Milliliter (or similar about 2 tbsp)|
|Milk||75 Milliliter (about 1/3 cup)|
|Canned sweetened condensed milk||300 Milliliter (1 can)|
1.Preheat oven to 240ºC (475ºF).
2. Chop the sweet potato and toss with the sorghum syrup to coat.
3. Roast in a single layer on a sheet tray until the sweet potato has lost most of the water and is starting to caramelise.
4. In a large mixing jug lightly whisk together the vinegar and cream.
5. When the sweet potato is roasted, blend with the milk until smooth, and whisk into the cream mixture.
6. Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, and then freeze according to your ice cream makers instructions.
7. Serve and enjoy!