Caramelised Maple Onion Jam. Welcome Friends! Our friend Ryan over at grill top experience has challenged us to a pizza as part of our pizza of the week recipe series. As part of the pizza he asked us to put caramelised onions. So today we're going to make a caramelised onion jam recipe.
|Onions||1 Kilogram , slice (about 2 pounds)|
|Olive oil||15 Milliliter (about 1 tbsp)|
|Maple syrup||125 Milliliter (about 1/2 cup)|
|Vinegar||125 Milliliter (about 1/2 cup)|
|Beer||125 Milliliter (about 1/2 cup)|
|Coarse salt||5 Milliliter (about 1 tsp)|
|Pepper||2 Milliliter (about 1/2 tsp)|
1. Put olive oil and onions in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
2. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally.
3. Continue cooking until golden brown.
4. Add maple syrup, beer, and vinegar and cook until thickened.
5. Stir in salt, and pepper to taste.
6. Serve and enjoy!