Welcome Friends! Welcome to another ice cream recipe from scratch video, and this one is a bit of a request video. We did a three-ingredient lemon ice cream recipe, and in the comments section, a couple of people said that they'd had a carrot ice cream.
They asked if I had ever had carrot ice cream? So I started looking around at carrot ice cream recipes trying to figure out if I could modify the lemon ice cream recipe to suit carrots... and I think I've got it!
|Carrots||250 Gram , chop (about 2 carrots)|
|Maple syrup||30 Milliliter (about 2 tbsp)|
|35 % whipping cream/Heavy cream||500 Milliliter (about 2 cups)|
|Apple cider vinegar||30 Milliliter (about 2 tbsp)|
|Milk||60 Milliliter (about 1/4 cup)|
|Canned sweetened condensed milk||300 Milliliter (1 can)|
1. Preheat oven to 240ºC (475ºF).
2. chop the carrots and toss with the maple syrup to coat.
3. Roast in a single layer on a sheet tray until the carrots have lost most of their water and are starting to caramelise.
4. In a large mixing jug lightly whisk together the vinegar and cream.
5. When the carrots are roasted, blend them with the milk until smooth, and whisk into the cream mixture.Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, and then freeze according to your ice cream makers instructions.
6. Serve and enjoy!