Often served as an appetizer, Dragon Chicken is made from Chicken strips that are battered and fried and tossed in a sweet spicy gravy to coat.
Its a super easy recipe to put together even if you want to throw it together for a mid week snack. Even though its typically ordered as a snack or appetizer, it can also be served as a dry side or main. If you want more gravy to this recipe. Just double or triple the sauce ingredients.
|Boneless chicken||500 Gram|
|All purpose flour||6 Tablespoon|
|Corn starch||4 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Water||3 Tablespoon (or as needed)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For other ingredents:|
|Raw cashews||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced spring onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely minced garlic||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chilli paste||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (or Sambar Oelek)|
|Ketchup||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green pepper strips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1. Add salt & pepper to the chicken strips and leave aside.
2. Prepare the batter by adding the flour, corn starch and baking powder together.
3. Add water a little at a time till there are no lumps.
4. Add the eggs mixing well to make a smooth batter.
5. Pour the batter over the chicken and mix well to coat.
6. Fry the chicken strips till golden brown and drain on some kitchen towel.
7. Heat some oil and saute the cashews and keep aside.
8. Heat some oil and saute the onions & garlic.
9. Add the chilli paste, ketchup & soya sauce.
10. Add a bit of water and mix in.
11. Add the green peppers.
12. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
13. Add the cashews and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
14. Serve and enjoy!