This recipe was shared by my BFF Loretta Rodrigues. The first time I tried it, I absolutely adored this cake and so did everyone else. It tastes similar to a semolina cake I made to celebrate Kravings 1st birthday, but the process to make this is very different and unique.
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened desiccated coconut||250 Gram|
|Unsalted butter||250 Gram|
|Crushed cardamom seeds||1 Pinch|
|Eggs||6 Large (separated)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Pistachios||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Make a syrup by boiling the sugar together with the water.
3. Add the desiccated coconut and cook for 5 mins.
4. Cooldown and when cool, add the butter, followed by the semolina, cardamom seeds.
5. Add the egg yolks and mix in.
6. Add the baking powder & salt and vanilla essence and mix well.
7. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites till foamy.
8. Add the pistachios.
9. Fold in the egg whites.
10. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 45 - 60 mins.