You can never go wrong with preparing crème brulee for your family and friends. The custard itself is delicious but when you brulee it in front of your guests, it takes it to a whole other magical level. Years ago I invested in small 4 oz mason jars I love these because you can set the custard and jut pop a lid on and store them stacked in your fridge till youre ready to serve. And once you are, just sprinkle over some sugar and brulee its that easy!
|Canned coconut cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) ((Extra sugar – 1 tsp per mason jar))|
|Cardamoms||3 , crush ((seeds only))|
|Cinnamon stick||2 Inch|
1. Beat the yolks and the whole egg together and slowly incorporate the sugar.
2. Heat the coconut milk and add in the cardamom seeds and cinnamon stick so it gets a chance to infuse till a simmer.
3. Allow the milk to cool down a little bit and slowly drip into the egg mixture while whisking.
4. Strain the custard and divide into mason jars or ramekins.
5. Place the jars in a baine marie or an oven proof dish with hot water and allow it to cook for 30 mins.
6. The cooked custards should be slightly jiggly.
7. Allow to cool once cool, chill for 4 hours to overnight.
8. When ready to brulee, sprinkle about a tsp of sugar on the top of each custard and using a brulee torch, melt the sugar crystals till they caramelize and form a think hard layer over the top of the custard. It’s then ready to serve immediately!