Perfect cake for summer/spring time.
|Sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Minute tapioca||30 Milliliter|
|Chopped rhubarb||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||115 Gram|
|Sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF)
2. In a large pot, combine rhubarb, sugar and tapioca.
3. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce to a simmer for 3-5 minutes.
4. Pour the rhubarb filling into an 8X8" baking dish, set aside.
5. Combine the flour and baking powder.
6. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
7. Add the eggs, and beat until smooth.
8. Zest in the lemon, squeeze in the juice and continue beating.
9. Stir in the dry ingredients alternately with the milk.
10. Spoon the batter over the rhubarb filling.
11. Bake for 1 hour 25 minutes or until a tester inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
12. Serve and Enjoy!