Learn how to make depression era coronation cake.
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1.Preheat oven to 350ºF
2. Grease and line a 9x9 cake pan
3. Mix soda and spices into the flour.
4. In another bowl cream together the butter and sugar.
5. Beat in the egg and then the sour cream.
6. Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture in 3 additions.
Stir in the raisins.
7. Transfer to the cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool a few minutes then remove from pan and cool on a rack. Serve and Enjoy!