A depression era's Fudge recipe from the old cook book.
|Light brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped peanuts/Chopped walnut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a medium pot, boil sugar and milk to ’soft ball’ stage (234ºF-240ºF).
2. Remove from heat and stir in butter, salt and nuts and cool to between 110ºF- 100ºF.
3. Add vanilla and beat for 1-2 minutes.
4. Transfer to a greased 8x8 baking pan lined with a parchment sling.
5. Refrigerate until hard, and cut into squares.
6. Serve and enjoy!