We are back in the kitchen with another depression era recipe from a cookbook published in 1930 - 1930 Cheese Custard Recipe.
|Cottage cheese||1 Pound|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|35 % whipping cream||250 Milliliter (1 bottle cream)|
|Lemon||1 , grated (lemon rind only)|
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Rub cottage cheese through a fine sieve.
3. Mix in lemon zest, sugar, flour, salt and egg yolks.
4. Whip egg whites, and the cream to stiff peaks.
5. Fold cream into cheese mixture.
6. Fold egg whites into cream mixture.
7. Transfer to a buttered baking dish, and bake for 10 minutes.
8. Reduce oven temp to 325ºF and bake 50 minutes more.
9. Serve and enjoy!