My Keto Trail mix is an awesome snack to enjoy on the go, its super crunchy and loaded with flavour to kill any hunger cravings!
|Macadamia nuts||5 Ounce|
|Pumpkin seeds||3 Ounce|
|Garlic powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. So first were going to make our crispy cheddar scraps, so onto a baking tray lined with baking paper spread over grated cheddar cheese. No if I just put this straight into the oven it would just melt and sort of get crispy but not crispy enough. So the trick here is to cover it will a cloth and leave for an hour or so in a hot dry area, this takes out the moisture and slightly dehydrates the cheese making it more flavourful and a lot more crunchy. Place it into a preheated oven at 180c or 350f for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Leave to cool on the tray before crushing it into pieces.
2. At the same time you want to place the nuts and seeds into the oven, so into a bowl add the macadamia nuts, almonds, walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
3. Then sprinkle over ground cumin and season with white pepper and salt. Mix everything together well and then pour over extra virgin olive oil. Again mix everything together well, get everything coated in the oil and pour onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and spread out evenly.
4. Place the tray into the same oven temperature for 10-15 minutes turning every few minutes until roasted and golden. When done leave the seeds and nuts to cool completely.
5. The cheese is now cooled and I’ve broken it up, you can see its puffed and popped out a little when the hot air in the oven hits it.
6. Spread it over the roasted nuts and seeds and mix well until combined.
7. And there you have a wonderful snack mix that you can take everywhere with you and one that will keep for upto a week in an airtight container.