These Keto low carb snacks are so delicious with bacon covered in cream cheese with crunchy vegetables.
|Persian cucumbers||2 , thinly sliced|
|Carrots||2 Medium , thinly sliced|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce ((softened))|
1. So into a pan over a low to medium heat add in some olive oil and lay down the streaky bacon.
2. Now you want the bacon to have some nice colour on it but not crispy, so be careful not to over cook it. Each side should only take 3-4 minutes.
3. While the bacon is cooking lets get onto the filling, into a bowl add in the softened cream cheese and season with salt and pepper. Mash it together and mix it until smooth.
4. For the other fillings I’m using shredded courgette or zucchini and shredded carrot. They add a real nice texture and freshness, I’m also adding diced up avocado for that creamy texture that goes really well with the cream cheese.
5. So the bacon is no cooked exactly how I want it, cooked with some colour but still foldable like it is when its raw. If you over cook it the bacon can’t be wrapped and will break.
6. Spread the cream cheese over one side of the bacon and then fill it with the shredded vegetables and the diced avocado. You could other vegetables to this, mix and change it up to your taste but this is a simple favourite combo of mine.
7. Start to roll the bacon nice and tight, the cream cheese will help everything stay together.
8. Continue this process with all the bacon you have and then serve immediately. I know it doesn’t look like much but seriously they taste so good! Great for parties and makes awesome finger food snacks.