The best low carb chocolate and coconut coated keto sponge cake recipe
|Eggs||4 Large (separated)|
|Stevia||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Melted butter||25 Gram|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond flour||5 Ounce|
|Psyllium husk powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Xanthan gum||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered stevia||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cacao powder||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiling water||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened desiccated coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. So into a stand mixer were going to make the keto sponge cake, add in egg white to the bowl and whisk until soft white peaks form. Then slowly add the sugar substitute, I’m using superfine stevia. Add the stevia in slowly making sure you whisk well between each addition. You’re almost after a glossy meringue texture, so it should be shiny and thick when its done.
2. Next add in the egg yolks, again one at a time and mix well between additions. Then add in the melted butter along with the vanilla extract. Mix this for another minute and leave in the bowl.
3. For the dry mix, into a bowl add in the almond flour, to that I add psyllium husk powder, xanthum gum and baking powder. Give it all a good mix around and then add it to the egg mix, after carefully mixing the mixture will be thick and sticky. Add the mixture into a square cake tin lined with baking paper and flatten out using a wet spatula. Push it to all sides, flatten and even out.
4. Now place into a preheated oven at 170c or 340f for 30-35 minutes. Once baked leave to cool completely.
5. For the chocolate coating into a bowl add in powdered stevia, cacao powder, hot water and melted butter. Mix well until glossy and smooth.
6. Once the cake has cooled cut it up into squares, then cover the sponge cake in the chocolate mix and then roll it over the desiccated coconut. Repeat this step with all the sponge cake squares.
7. Now I love them they way they are, I’m a traditional Lamington eater - but you can cut these in half and eat with cream if you wish. They make for a great morning snack with tea or coffee or for the perfect low carb sponge cake for you to fill with cream and keto fruits.