Kheema Patties are Puff pastries stuffed with a spiced ground meat filling. Typically found in bakeries in Goa, Mumbai and all over India, these are devoured at tea time or eaten as a snack!
|Onion||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sliced green chilli||2 Tablespoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red kashmiri chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground beef/Ground lamb||2 Pound|
|Fresh black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely diced tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked peas||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced coriander||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Puff pastry squares||To Taste (10 x 10 cms)|
|Sesame seeds||To Taste (optional)|
1. Saute the Onion with the green chilies till the onion is nice and caramelized.
2. Add the spice powders.
3. Add the ground meat and spread it and allow it to saute with the spices. Add Salt, cover and cook.
4. Add Pepper and diced Tomatoes, cover and cook till mushy.
5. Add the Peas, followed with the Coriander and allow the filling to cool.
6. Using squares of Puff Pastry, brush the two sides with egg and add the filling to the center.
7. Fold over to seal and press down the edges with a fork
8. While working on puff pastry keep any parts that aren’t being used in the fridge.
9. Once ready, brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
10. You can either bake these in a 350 degree oven or freeze them for later.
11. Serve and Enjoy!