Shrimp with the head and shells on are tossed in a delicious gluten free batter made from Chick pea flour, spices, curry leaves and Coriander and fried.
|For the batter:|
|Chickpea flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (use as required)|
|Sliced onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green chilli||1 Tablespoon|
|Chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger and garlic paste||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Devein the Shrimp, leaving the shells and head on.
2. Marinate with salt, lime juice, ginger & garlic paste, turmeric & chilli powder.
3. Prepare the batter by adding water to the flour just a little at a time till it’s not lumpy and is whipped through to get a pouring consistency.
4. Add the rest of the batter ingredients.
5. Mix the batter with the marinated shrimp and deep fry for a few minutes.
6. Serve and Enjoy!