These patties are reminiscent of the bakeries back home with it's spicy Shrimp of Prawn filling. Puff pastry is made by rolling layers of dough with butter in between to give it that incredible buttery taste and flaky texture. I've made Chicken Patties on my channel before and I will be uploading a ground meat version as well. Whatever the feeling, Patties or Puff Pastries are delicious snack or appetizer. Perfect with a beverage cold or hot!
|Shrimp||1 1/2 Pound , devein|
|Finely diced onion||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Green chilli||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger and garlic paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Finely diced tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped coriander||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Puff pastry squares||To Taste (10 x 10 cms)|
|Sesame seeds||To Taste (optional)|
1. Finely mince the shelled & deveined Shrimp with a knife.
2. Add some oil to a saute pan and allow it to heat up.
3. Saute the Onion and green Chilli till the Onion turns golden brown adding some salt to help it go brown faster.
4. Add the Ginger and Garlic paste and cook for a few minutes.
5. Add the Shrimp followed by the Chilli & Turmeric powder.
6. Add the Tomatoes, Pepper and Salt to taste and cover and cook.
7. Once the Tomatoes are mushy and the Shrimp is cooked open the lid and cook till the liquid has evaporated and add more Salt if required and chopped Coriander. Cool the Shrimp filling.
8. Beat an Egg and lay out the Puff Pastry squares
9. Brush two sides with Egg, add the filling and fold over and seal to form a triangle.
10. Press down the edges with a fork to seal
11. Brush the tops with more Egg wash and sprinkle with Sesame seeds.
12. Cook in oven until golden brown.
13. Serve hot and enjoy!