Just a few ingredients needed to make these gluten-free, low carb bagels with almond flour fathead dough. They are easy, chewy, and delicious! If you want Keto bagels that are also gluten-free and taste great, you're going to love these!
|Grated mozzarella cheese||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Instant dried yeast||2 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||2 Teaspoon|
|Almond flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Xanthan gum||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Black sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Poppy seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic salt||1/2 Tablespoon|
1. So firstly into a bowl add your grated mozzarella and also the butter. Place this into the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until melted and gooey.
2. Next into a large bowl add your instant dried yeast, the sugar substitute in this case I’m using stevia. Pour over warm water and mix well until it starts to bubble and foam, and just leave to stand for 1 minute.
3. Next add in the almond flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt, and then just using a butter knife start to gently mix everything together, what you’ll end up with is like a stick thick dough.
4. Now add the anthem gum which will help bind everything together and finally add the eggs and the melted mozzarella butter mix.
5. Mix everything together well, you can use a stand mix for this of course I’m just showing you the simple method, I do recommend you wet your hands whilst handling this dough as it is really sticky and unlike normal flour doughs.
6. Leave the dough to proof and rise for 30 minutes in a warm area, it should double in volume.
7. Now for the bagel toppings this is optional but it makes for great flavour and texture plus it looks great. So into a bowl add in sesame seeds, black sesame seeds and poppy seeds. I also add some garlic salt as well. Mix well until everything is combined and leave aside.
8. The dough has now doubled in size, so take it out and place into a baking tray lined with baking paper.
9. Using wet hands place down balls of the dough roughly the size of small burger buns. Flatten out slightly and then place a hole in the middle, I just use an apple corer for this and then make the hole bigger because as it bakes it will start to close in.
10. Then brush the bagels with beaten egg, this will give you a great glossy look but also assist in browning and then finally sprinkle over the topping mix we made before. Place into a preheated oven at 180C or 350F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Bring it out of the oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes, you can eat them warm or store them in an air tight container for eating later. These also freeze really well making it easy to take out in the morning before work and then have it defrosted by lunch time, then its up to you to top it off with your favourite toppings.