Ditch the carbs with my Keto Chicken Nuggets recipe, they're the low carb fast food snack you'll be craving. If you loved my KFC Keto Fried Chicken recipe you are going to love this.
|Chicken thighs||500 Gram|
|Unflavoured protein powder||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole egg mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried chilli flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. So for the chicken I’m using the thigh, it has a great combo of flavour form that dark and white meat and its so tender after deep frying, plus its cheaper than the breast.
2. For the coating I’m using a low carb unflavoured protein powder, now you’ve seen me do this last year when I created KFC Keto Fried Chicken so if you’ve made that recipe you know how good this works.
3. Next whisk your eggs and leave aside, and to spice our portion powder Im adding in paprika, garlic powder, black pepper and salt.
4. Mix everything together until well combined, you can make these with KFC secret herbs and spices mix.
5. So I have just cut up my chicken thighs into bite size pieces, then dunk them into the beaten eggs, then place into the seasoned protein powder.
6. Get everything coated really well and leave on a plate. Try to work quickly on this step as the longer you leave the chicken the powder will absorb into it, it really works best if you coat and fry as you go other wise it can get patchy as you can see with mine here, but thats just because I’m filming by myself and it takes a while for me to set up.
7. So were shallow frying them, I’m using a flavourless coconut oil which is great because it doesn’t leave that coconut taste.
8. Fry the chicken in batches for 7-8 minutes, turning frequently until cooked through and golden brown.
9. While the chicken is frying I get on and make the chilli mayonnaise for dipping, this is optional but it goes great with it. Into a small bowl add whole egg mayonnaise, along with chilli flakes and cayenne pepper. Mix it together well and you’ve got a dipping sauce that really delivers a decent kick to the tastebuds.
10. When the chicken is finished serve immediately, its a great low carb protein on protein snack that so sharable with friends and when you bite into the chicken you can see how tender and juicy it is crunchy coating.