Don't know what to eat on the keto diet? Try this easy creamy satay bowl with chicken thigh fillets, it's perfect for dinner.
|Peanut oil||60 Milliliter|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken thigh fillets||4|
|Onion||1/2 , finely chopped|
|Fresh red chilli||1 Small|
|Peanut butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Coconut milk||180 Milliliter|
|Hopped roasted salted peanuts||40 Gram|
|Lime||1/2 , juiced|
|Cherry tomatoes||250 Gram , halved|
1. To start where going to prep the chicken thighs, place them into a large bowl and add in ground ginger. Next add in some curry powder along with crushed garlic. Mix everything well and get those chicken thighs coated and leave aside for the mean time.
2. Next into a saucepan over a medium to high heat, add in peanut oil and then add in chopped onions.
3.Sweat the onions down for a minute or 2 and then adding the sliced red chilli and cook for a further minute. Now add in crushed garlic and curry powder.
4. Stir everything together well and cook for 1 minute. Next add in the peanut butter, make sure its only 100% ground peanuts and nothing else, some peanuts butters are cheaper but loaded with sugar.
5. Next add the coconut cream with a touch of Worcestershire or soy sauce. Mix well until combined, continuing stirring and add in peanuts with a squeeze of lime juice.
6. Again, mix well until combined and leave on a low heat. If you find it getting to thick, add more coconut cream to thin it out.
7. Finally lets cook the chicken thighs, over a hot pan add in more peanut oil and place in the chicken. Sear the thighs well, you want some colour and caramelisation on them for maximum flavour.
8. Keep turning the sides until cooked through which form start to finish should take around 10 minutes.
9. To serve, into a bowl I place in some sliced cucumber and fresh tomatoes, I find these help cool the palette if things get a bit spicy. I spoon in the satay and then add the chicken thighs. Sprinkle with peanuts, more satay over the top along with lime wedges and fresh cilantro or coriander.
A wonderful meal to share with friends or with the family at dinner, its got so much flavour going for it you’ll have a hard time thinking its good for you!