These Low Carb Cinnamon Rolls are just the thing when youre craving sweet baked treats on a keto diet, this is a keto recipe you dont want to miss!
|Mozzarella cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs) , grated|
|Cream cheese||100 Gram|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Xanthan gum||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Stevia||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar/Sukrin gold||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cream cheese frosting|
|Heavy cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||100 Gram|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. So firstly into a large bowl add softened cream cheese, and to that I’m adding grated mozzarella which helps bind everything together.
2. Place the cheeses in the microwave for 2 minutes on high or until melted and place into a food processor, process the mix until creamy and sticky.
3. Next add your eggs, along with coconut flour. Next add your sugar substitute, I’m using stevia but you can use whichever you prefer, and finally add some baking powder and xanthan gum.
4. Process this mix until it forms a sticky dough, it will be easier to handle if you wet your hands slightly and then shape the dough.
5. Rolling out the dough is super simple, I just place it between two sheets of baking paper and flatten out with a flat baking tray, you can of course use a rolling pin. You want the dough to be around .2 inches or half a centimetre thin.
6. Cut the round edges off if there are any and then remove the top layer of baking paper. Into a small bowl add in the melted butter, along with cinnamon and a brown sugar substitute like swerve or skin gold.
7. Mix well and then brush the dough all over the top evenly, carefully wrapping the dough up using the baking paper make sure you brush the butter mixture on all sides, so when it comes time to bake all the inside layers with caramelise and have that wonderful cinnamon flavour.
8. Once you’ve rolled until the end and its completely coated, cut the dough into equal segments, I usually get 8. 9. Place the into a buttered cake tin, brush the tops with the melted butter and then place into the oven for 15 minutes at 200c or 400f.
10. While its baking, lets make the cream cheese frosting. Into the food processor add your cream cheese, cream and vanilla extract along with stevia or the sugar substitute of your choosing.
11. Process the mixture until Smooth and thick.
12. Bring the rolls out of the oven and dollop the frosting over the top and serve. Such a wonderful treat to have if your cutting those carbs and tastes incredible!