One of the best and probably the easiest dessert you can make
|White sugar||180 Gram|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Passionfruit pulp||80 Milliliter (plus extra to serve)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Whipped cream||To Taste|
1. So to start, into a large bowl add the superfine or caster sugar, the eggs and then whisk until pale and creamy.
2. Then add the melted butter and whisk that in, now add the vanilla extract and self raising flour - if you can’t find self raising flour just use normal flour with baking powder added to it. Incorporate the flour well until you have a smooth cake batter consistency and then pour the batter into a greased pie dish.
3. For the other part of the dish, into a bowl add the fresh passionfruit - you can use canned if you wish but the flavour just won’t be the same. Scoop out the flesh and place into a bowl, then add caster or superfine sugar, and finally boiling water. This syrup is going to make the cake almost like a self saucing pudding, it will be really moist.
4. Using a soup ladle, gradually & carefully add the mixture over the top of the batter until all the juice is gone.
5. Then simply place into the oven at 180C or 350F for 25-30 minutes or until the top feels slightly firm.
6. To serve, scoop out the pudding and eat with cream drizzled over the top with extra passionfruit pulp. It is such a wonderful dessert the whole family with enjoy that tastes hardly any effort or time to make.