If you're looking for an easy, great tasting affordable dinner recipe for the family you have just found it!
|1 1/10 Kilogram
|1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
|2 Clove (10 gm)
|Chopped fresh parsley
|200 Gram , shredded ((mostly leftovers))
|Grated cheddar cheese
|105 Cubic Centimeter
1. So firstly lets make the cream sauce, into a large jug add in creme fraiche or sour cream which ever you can find, then add thickened or heavy cream along with crushed garlic, season with salt & pepper and finish off with chopped fresh parsley. Mix well until combined and then leave aside.
2. Then into a casserole dish I place in my thinly sliced sweet potato, get it as thin as you can using a mandolin as this will help it cook evenly, if you do decide to go thicker then make sure you cook them for several minutes in the microwave to steam them slightly.
3. Layer the sweet potato and then pour over some of the cream mixture, scatter over spring onions or scallions and also with some grated cheddar cheese.
4. Next add some shredded roast chicken which is optional but I had some left over from a roast chicken from the night before, and then begin the process again with the sweet potato layer and continue that until the dish is almost full. 5. You want you final layer to be with the cream, the grated cheddar and spring onion.
6. Place into a preheated oven at 180C or 350F for 45-50 minutes or until golden and the cheese and cream is bubbling away.
7. Leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving as the cream with thicken up and become even tastier.
Its a delicious, easy meal for the family that takes care of itself and a dish that will soon become a family favourite on your table!